Car fault diagnosis may not be that easy after all. There are some specific things one needs to look for to determine whether the car really needs repair. These are not permanent and differ from one car to the next. Depending on the expertise of the user, you are likely to experience the following signs on any give car when faulty;
- Check on the catalytic converters– these are usually aiding in the air flow within the car system. When they are clogged it may rattle the while system. The on board diagnostic scanner which plugs into it may be trigger a performance of the check engine, light function.
With this, the driver needs to check on the pressure to be sure if the converter is operating optimally as expected in the manual. Catalytic converter malfunctions can reduce the engine power and so requires urgent attention.
- Observe your car’s performance– it is a common practice that the car which is perfect has good speed and all the other functions loved by the car users. Any reduction in your cars performance may be a sign of danger for the engine.
- Smoke- there could be abnormal amounts of smoke emanating from the car engine. In most cases, the exhaust pipe ids expected not to give out smoke when the car is in perfect condition. Smoky exhaust pipes are a sign of incomplete combustion of oil. The oil in question may be leaking and so does not pass through the car combustion system. For instance, if the smoke is blue, then it is likely that this is the case.
- Dashboard malfunction reports-these are also some of the best signs to look for when driving. Low brake fluid in the system may send signs of the check engine light. For instance, when the brake fluid is insufficient, the anti lock brake system (ABS) will be triggered.
However, you could also experience certain cases when the car power system just takes a dip and decides to go for a slow mode due misfiring of the engine accelerator. The cases of airbag fault with the detection of the safety restraint system are also some of the common dashboard notifications.
- Noise emanating from the engine– there could be some cases of abnormal engine noise which if not checked may lead to total engine break down. Noise may b e assign of a problem with the compressor or so loose fitting which is wobbling and may cause more damage.
- Check on the turbo charger– the vehicle may be a model with this component especially the ones’ with boost gauge. The gauge may fall below the expected levels, creating an alarm on the need for repair. In some cases, the shock absorbers may be the problem and needs to be replaced with speed.
What to do?
If your car is diagnosed with the several known car errors, most of us would run for the usual, consulting a mechanic. However, there are some mechanical works which can be done by the motorist without having to involve the professionals.
If it is a must that the car is taken to a mechanic, you need to select carefully the grade and type of mechanic. Most certified mechanics like the turbo engineering company, which are more qualified in carrying out specialized car repairs need to be considered.